The following people have kindly offered to support the teams as mentors in 2012. If you’d like to become a mentor for Bethnal Green Ventures, let us know!
User research and service design
- Lydia Howland is head of human factors at IDEO in London.
- Jennie Winhall is senior strategist at Participle.
- Matt Biddulph has worked as a software engineer at the BBC and Nokia. He was also co-founder and CTO of Dopplr.
- Blaine Cook was lead developer at Twitter and is principal co-author of OAuth. He’s also worked at BT’s Osmosoft.
- Greg Detre is CTO of Memrise.
- Patrick Sinclair is a principal software engineer at the BBC.
- Torsten Stauch is CTO of Appshed and Red C.
- Tom Taylor is CTO at Newspaper Club and a partner at the Really Interesting Group.
Product strategy and design
- Gavin Bell advises startups and large organisations on internet product strategy. He’s the author of the O’Reilly book Building Social Web Applications.
- Richard Pope is a product manager at the Government Digital Service (in the UK Cabinet Office). He’s designed services from PlanningAlerts through to ScraperWiki and has been a long term volunteer at mySociety. He was also lead interaction designer at Moo.com.
- Chris Sherwin is Head of Sustainable Design at Seymourpowell. He was previously head of design at Forum for the Future.
- Andrew Wanliss-Orlebar helps startups design new products and services. He was co-founder of echoecho and has worked with Do the Green Thing and ?WhatIf!.
- Colin Tate is founder of Nemawashi advises global clients from startups to corporates on how to improve website conversion and get the most value from their online presence.
- Matt Jones is a Principal at BERG
- Dominic Campbell and Carrie Bishop are directors of FutureGov.
- Hugh Knowles is principal sustainability adviser at Forum for the Future.
- Cassie Robinson is co-founder of The Point People.
- Gavin Sathianathan is Strategic Partnership Manager at Facebook and was previously head of new business development at Endemol.
Communications and branding
- The Pipeline Project – consisting of Dan Burgess, Tom Farrand and Tom Rowley – will be offering branding and communications advice to teams.
- Alison Harvie is head of communications at The Young Foundation
- Dan Mcquillan is a co-founder of Social Innovation Camp and a lecturer at Goldsmiths University on Social Computing.
- Toby Hammond was founder and MD of Better Generation.
- Eleanor Ford was co-founder and CEO of LikeCube which was acquired by Time Out group in 2011 where she’s now an innovation associate.
- Gavin Starks is founder and CEO of AMEE.
- Jamie Wallace was founder and CEO of Walkit.com
- Eze Vidra is head of Google Campus
- Andy Hobsbawn is founder of Evrythng
- Melanie Hayes is investment manager at Octopus Investments. Previously she was investment manager at 4iP – Channel 4′s fund for digital projects.
- Casey Lord is senior investment manager at CAF Venturesome.
- Joe Ludlow is Director of Impact Investing at Nesta.