These are the questions we asked our 2012 applicants. Sign up for an email update if you’d like to find out when 2013 applications are open.
- What’s your idea called?
- How would you explain your idea as concisely as possible? (preferably in 10 words or less)
- Who should we correspond with about your application?
- How many people are in your team?
- How did you hear about BGV?
- Please link to a one minute video which introduces the team.
- Where are you geographically based at the moment?
- How long have you all known each-other? How did you meet?
- Please give us links to some of your work that you’re proud of. It could be a website, an app, an article, a video or photography or anything else that you’ve created.
- What expertise or experience gaps do you think you have in your team?
- What companies or organisations do you look up to and respect as a team?
- What is the problem you’re trying to solve?
- Why is that problem important?
- What’s your experience or knowledge of the problem as a team?
- What’s your solution to the problem?
- What’s new about your solution?
- If you have a demo then please link to it (optional).
- What have you accomplished so far?
- How will your idea make money? How much money do you think it could make and why?
- How will you know if your solution makes a difference to the problem you’re trying to solve?
- How will people hear about your idea? What will make them want to use your product or service?
- Who do you think might be your competitors?
- Will all of your team be able to live in London for the duration of the programme?
- Do any of your team have commitments between July and September 2012 that might prevent them from working full time on your project?
- Have you already set up a company for your idea?
- If so, when did you incorporate?
- Who are, or would be if you haven’t already set up a company, the owners of your business? (please give names and percentages)
- Have you already received funding or investment for your idea?
- If so, how much and from whom?
- Are all of your team legally allowed to work in the UK?